* Assist in the development of safety and health rules and safe systems of works;
* Review the effectiveness of safety and health programmes;
* Carry out studies on the trends of accident, near-miss accident, dangerous occurrence, occupational poisoning or occupational disease which occurs at the place of work;
* Report to the employer of any unsafe or unhealthy condition or practices at the place of work together with recommendations for corrective actions;
* Review the safety and health policies at the place of work and make recommendations to the employer for any revision of such policies.
Source: Occupational Safety And Health (Safety And Health Committee) Regulations 1996
@ Safety Information... ThinkSafe, WorkSafe