• Permanent part of the machine.
• Not dependent upon moving parts to perform its intended function.
• Constructed of sheet metal, screen, wire cloth, bars, plastic, or other substantial material
• Usually preferable to all other types because of its relative simplicity and permanence.
• When opened or removed, the tripping mechanism and/or power automatically shuts off or disengages
• Machine cannot cycle or be started until the guard is back in place
• Electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, or pneumatic power
• Replacing the guard should not automatically restart the machine
• Allow flexibility in accommodating various sizes of stock
Openings are determined by the movement of stock
- Guard is pushed away as stock is introduced
- Opening is only large enough to admit the stock
- Guard returns to rest position after stock passes through.
Source: http://www.oshatrain.orgWebmaster, Earn Money Here!
@ Safety Information...ThinkSafe,WorkSafe