KAJANG: Occupants of two bungalows near a road that sank 0.3m along Jalan Bukit Indah in Taman Bukit Mewah have voluntarily left.
The sunken road is about 20m from the first bungalow. There are five bungalow lots along the road.
The Kajang Municipal Council (MPKj) was alerted by residents that the road had sunk on Monday night. Yesterday, the gap had widened to approximately 0.3m in height and 20m in width.
A resident who only wished to be known as Han said his family of five will stay at another house until the authorities declare that it is safe for them to return.
“A similar incident happened previously but I don’t remember when,” he said.
MPKj engineering department head Md Noor Mahmud said that the road has been stabilised.
“We have covered the affected area with canvas and sandbags and filled the cracks with cement to prevent water from seeping in.
“We have also alerted the Public Works Department’s slope forensic division and Ikram.
“Aside from the 0.3m sunken road, there are other cracks on the road surface of Jalan Bukit Indah,” he said.
At press time, no notices have been issued to residents to evacuate.
Police have cordoned off 1km of the road and four policemen have been stationed to monitor the area.
Kajang district police chief Asst Comm Ab Rashid Ab Wahab said the road will be closed until the relevant authorities certify that it is safe.
Also at the site were Serdang MP Teo Nie Ching, MPKj councillors S.T. Chandra Mohan and Mohd Shafie Ngah.
On May 18, StarMetro reported that work was carried out to stabilise the hillslope in Taman Bukit Mewah, Kajang, which had caused cracks to appear in several houses.
Webmaster, Earn Money Here!
@ Safety Information...ThinkSafe,WorkSafe